Out of the box export to excel feature allows to export the complete view, and not the selected items. In order to achieve the functionality of exporting only selected items to excel.
To know more on the component
What's new in SharePoint 2010 Export Selected Items to Excel Release 1.2.0
Fixed Taxonomy field Single/Multiple values issues.
Now supports the below templates
- Form Library
- Site Pages
What's new in SharePoint 2010 Export Selected Items to Excel Release 1.1.0
- Now this release supports Document library as well.
- Don't expect the document contents, its only the meta data
- Export to excel button in ribbon grouped inside the Action & Share group
- Eliminated the look-up column issue, previously showed the look-up values as ID;#Value to just as value
- Supports Multi-value look up columns
- Supports Multi-value people picker
- Supports Single/Multi-value Taxonomy field
- UTF8 characters are now supported.
- Uses minified JS for less space consumption
- Better exception logging